There’s something about getting your hands dirty that makes me feel good. Just by digging in and preparing the earth to be at its best to produce.
Planting a seed with the expectation or hope for growth. Is there a mindfulness exercise that can beat this? Putting all your hopes, wants, needs in the ground and giving it all to grow to its potential best?
Weird, never thought of gardening to be so rewarding. There have been theories that if you walk bear foot through the soil and occasionally spit on it (yes sorry about that!) the produce and soil will in return give you exactly what you need at that point in time. Wouldn’t that be a small miracle?
Wonder if all things work that way. So if you show your true colors, ask for what you need (not want?) it will come to you?
Jumping way ahead, back to start, I am off weeding!
Ibiza, you have to admit, it still is fun!
The scorpio island has changed so much over the past few years and gotten very busy but it still has the magic that once made it a hippie, bohemien hangout for creatives from all over the world.
So where do we go now? Here are some of my tips & tricks to survive, even with kids! Ibiza is a great destination with friends or as a family vacation.
- Cappuccino in the marina with a great view of the old town
- Can Guimo; small hippie place with homemade breakfast, lunch etc. It is next to the road in San Lorenzo
- Passion Cafe has various restaurants all over the island. The place for healthy juices and great food.
- Croissant Show in the old town for a french breakfast
- Jockey Club only if you are very early
- Aqua Blanca for the best sandwhiches ever
- Es Torrent for excellent service and fresh fish
- Los Enamorados in the North of the island
- Paloma Cafe the lunch in the campo
- Il Giardinetto, Italian food in the Botafoch harbor. Simple but very consistently good Italian food!
- Babylon beach in St. Eulalia
- Cala Bonita at s’Estanyol; new, great staff and food
- La Luna del Orto
- Cicale the other great Italian
- Es Caliu for the meat lover
- Macao in busy St. Gertrudis
- Les Terasses for a special Moroccan or Thai night
Feel like doing something different? Catch the ferry (or rent a boot) to Formentera and rent an old fashioned Mehari or a bike! Lunch options are numerous but make sure to book ahead as some are quite popular. Here are some great places:
- Chezz Gerdi
Don’t forget to try the local drink, hierbas but drink it on the rocks🙂
John Lennon was a wise man with many talents that I could only dream of. Here’s one of his many quotes:
Everything is going to be okay in the end,
If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
But is this really true? If so all the worrying, sleepless nights etc. are all useless? Can we really trust that things will work out is the end? Yes, of course, looking back it is easy to see why certain things happened and other didn’t. We learn from our mistakes, if we don’t, they will reoccur to until we do. But does the universe, or whatever you want to call it, have a plan for each of us, to make the ‘ends’ meet so to speak?
If we want to live with a bit of peace of mind I guess we have no choice but to have a certain level of trust in things and the course of our lives. Mmmmm probably the hardest thing to do, even harder than going to the gym:-) just sit back, breathe and accept what is.
What a beautiful blue sky… Just made my day looking up!
For years has the Dutch design brand Humanoid been part of my casual and easy wardrobe. The soft and wearable materials make this brand super comfortable. I am also always a sucker for their wraps and scarfs… Humanoid